Felipe Hernandez serves as Fourth District Supervisor for Santa Cruz County. The fruitful and abundant Fourth District includes most of the Pajaro Valley, City of Watsonville and Interlaken. Felipe was originally elected to the Board of Supervisors in 2022.
Felipe was born and raised in Watsonville in a home his parents were able to buy with his mother’s job at Richard Shaw Cannery and his father’s job picking apples for Pecchenino Farms. Felipe’s parents made sure that he and his siblings grew up knowing the value of a hard-earned dollar, education, and the importance of giving back. Felipe graduated from Watsonville High School, then enlisted in the U.S Army and served our county in Desert Storm. When he returned home, he attended UC Santa Cruz earning his Bachelor’s degree in Community Studies. Felipe went from serving our county to serving our community by working as community organizer, serving our various boards and commissions, and was later elected to Watsonville City Council, served as Mayor for the City of Watsonville, and also served on the Cabrillo College Board of Trustees.
Supervisor Hernandez represents the Board of Supervisors on the following regional agencies and boards:
- Advisory Council - Area Agency on Aging
- Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments Board of Directors Environmental Health Appeals Commission
- Integrated Waste Management Local Task Force
- Monterey Bay Air Resources Board of Directors (Alternate)
- Santa Cruz County Mental Health Advisory Board
- Pajaro River Watershed Flood Prevention Authority
- Remote Access Network Committee
- Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission
- Treasury Oversight Commission (Alternate)
Supervisor Hernandez and his staff can be contacted as follows:
- 701 Ocean Street, Room 500, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- 150 Westridge Dr., Watsonville, CA 95076
- 831-454-2200 (Santa Cruz)
Felipe Hernandez: send email
Ramon Gomez: send email
Celeste Gutierrez: send email
Come to our office at the Veteran’s Hall with your questions for Supervisor Hernandez.
Office Hours are held the second Friday of the month from 2PM to 4PM.
Please visit us at the Fourth District Office at the Veteran’s Hall, 215 E. Beach St. Watsonville, CA
Click here to see a map of District 4.