Role of the Treasury Oversight Commission
The Treasury Oversight Commission provides oversight to the County Treasury by reviewing the quarterly investment report provided by the County Treasurer, reviewing the annual Investment Policy and directing the County Auditor to conduct an annual Treasurer’s compliance audit.
Composition of the Treasury Oversight Commission
In accordance with Government Code section 27130 et seq. and County Ordinance 4433, there shall be a Treasury Oversight Commission of five members appointed from the following:
- An appointed representative of the Board of Supervisors.
- The County Superintendent of Schools, or designee.
- A representative selected by a majority of the presiding officers of the governing bodies of the school districts and community college districts of the County.
- A representative selected by a majority of the presiding officers of the legislative bodies of the special districts within the County that are required or authorized to deposit money in the County Investment Pool.
- A public member who shall have expertise in, or an academic background in, public finance.
Meetings Times and Dates
Regular meetings of the Commission shall be held on the fourth Wednesday of January, April and October convening at 3:00 pm with special meetings as needed. The Chairperson of the Commission may cancel or reschedule a regular meeting with at least 72 hours notice. All meetings are to be held in the County Government Center accessible facilities unless otherwise noted in the agenda.
The County of Santa Cruz does not discriminate on the basis of disability, and no person shall, by reason of a disability, be denied the benefits of its services, programs or activities. The meeting location is an accessible facility. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance in order to participate in the meeting, please contact Claire Schwartz at 454-2958 (TDD 454-2123) at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting to make arrangements. Persons with disabilities may request a copy of the agenda in an alternative format. As a courtesy to those affected, please attend the meeting smoke and scent free.
Treasury Oversight Commission Contact